You can help provide Ukrainian orphans a safe place to heal.
Every day in Ukraine, children and families endure unspeakable hardship as they cope with the atrocities of war—horrific sights, physical injuries, lost loved ones, and constant fear. Even as millions of Ukrainians flee to safer regions and other countries, they live with the devastating consequences of trauma.
Now, it’s critical to focus on long-term, holistic, Gospel-centered healing. As Lifesong Ukraine Director Denis Poshelok shares, “We’d like to provide not only physical help, but more so we want to take care of people’s soul and heart, for those who have seen combat and shelling firsthand and those with severe trauma.”
Our team is currently developing a Trauma Care Center in western Ukraine and we are eager to impact more people through this life-changing ministry.
The Trauma Care Center and Lifesong Lviv ministry site will be a place for healing from the physical and emotional wounds of war through trauma-informed care and rehabilitation. We have already been meeting short-term needs like providing food, fuel, and water, but now, after more than a year of war, we need to focus on unmet long-term needs.
Our goal is to provide deeper impact for orphaned and vulnerable children and at-risk families through:
- Day Centers. This is equivalent to our Constant Christian Presence (CCP) in State-run institutions in Chernigiv and Kharkiv.
- Christian Camps. We’d like to expand our camp program and safe housing space for Western Ukraine and Poland ministry development to reach kids and families from the community.
- Holistic support. Working closely with local churches, we continue offering housing, transportation, online/offline education, after-school development, sports, emotional support, and mentorship.
- Trauma Competent Care. We want to make trauma-informed care available in Ukraine and Poland through physical and emotional rehab, trauma treatment, and retreats.
- Safe Homes. We want to expand temporary housing for displaced orphans and at-risk families affected by the war.
Before the war, we served roughly 1,200 orphans and vulnerable children in Ukraine, and now, we care for more than 4,500 vulnerable women and children in Ukraine and Poland; the need continues to grow.
The total needed to complete the Trauma Care Center and 16 Safe Homes is $2,313,000.
May we invite you to join us in fighting against the lasting effects of trauma in the lives of children, who are affected by war?
As always, 100% of your gift will go directly to helping orphaned and vulnerable children. Thanks to TMG Foundation and key partners, fundraising and administrative costs are already covered.